The world of essential oils is vast and wide, and if we are being honest, it can be a bit daunting to get started if you haven’t had the proper training. dōTERRA offers more than 50 single oils and 25 blends, among other products… so where do you start?
I’ve compiled a handy list of resources, perfect for any level of essential oil user. Happy Oiling!
- The Essential Life is a quick reference guide based on the latest essential oil research. Not only is it extensively updated, but it is formatted in A-Z sections, including single oils and blends. This reference is appropriate for the new oil user and the expert alike and provides guidance on oil use in all aspects of your life and home, including first aid, body systems, oil blending, recipes, pets, gardening and supplementary products. I find this book easy to use and an absolute essential, as it covers more than 600 health concerns! You can purchase your copy here: http://bit.ly/EssentialLife-Book
- Modern Essentials is more than just a book. It is an entire family of reference materials! Through this link http://bit.ly/Resource-ModernEssentials you can purchase books, handouts, charts, labels, and even a Cooking with Essential Oils reference magnet for your fridge! But let’s start with the main books, shall we? Modern Essentials: A Contemporary Guide to the Therapeutic Use of Essential Oils is one of the most popular and practical books of its kind on the market. Not only is it simple to use, but it provides answers to your questions while also teaching you how to incorporate essential oils into your daily life. Modern Essentials also makes an on-the-go Usage Guide, as well as Modern Essentials Living, a compilation of some of the best ideas and recipes to support an aromatherapy lifestyle – including cooking, crafts, cleaning, body care and more!
- If you are just getting started with essential oils, start with dōTERRA’s Essential Oils for Beginners website. This simple guide introduces basic uses, terminology, methods of use and cautions regarding skin sensitivity. http://bit.ly/doTERRAEssentialOilsForBeginners
- Once you’ve gone through the beginner’s guide provided by dōTERRA, it’s a good time to learn more about each oil and oil blend made by dōTERRA. You can learn about each single oil, their uses and how to use them here: https://doterra.com/US/en/pl/singleoils. You will find the same information for each dōTERRA blend here: https://doterra.com/US/en/pl/proprietary-blends
- Not only is it important to know how to use essential oils, but it is critical to know that the oils you are using are pure and effective! Not all essential oils on the market today are created equal, and I love the transparency that dōTERRA offers consumers with its newly published Source to You website – https://sourcetoyou.com/! This site provides Quality Reports (GCMS), along with information on dōTERRA’s growers, distillers, scientists, and practitioners. Simply put, everything you need or want to know about how dōTERRA oils are produced, from field to bottle, is here for you to see.
- You don’t have to take my word, or dōTERRA’s for that matter, on the purity and efficacy of these oils, because they are tested by third party scientists as well. Dr. Robert Pappas of Essential Oil University has independently tested many of dōTERRA’s essential oils, so the proof is in the analysis!
- If you are not the type to sit down and flip through a book, or perhaps you’re too busy to thumb through multiple reference books, a phone app might be the way for you to go. dōTERRA has created The Daily Drop for busy, on-the-go people like myself, and it is an amazing tool! This is a fun, convenient way to up your oil game right from your phone. The Daily Drop provides short educational videos, challenges, a mood meter for emotional well being, and you can even share the things you are learning with your friends and family – all through one convenient app! Learn more about The Daily Drop here: http://bit.ly/doTERRA_DailyDrop and download it to your phone through the Google Play Store or iTunes.
Now that you’re equipped with the tools you need to get the maximum benefit from your essential oils, I know you may still have some questions, so please feel free to comment below. I’d be honoured to guide you!
And of course, don’t forget to share your newfound knowledge with your friends and family, so you can help them take their wellness into their own hands, too.
xo Dr. Marissa